Are you looking for someone to do in-person training or pre-service professional development day for your staff? For online learning opportunities or resources on challenging behavior? Not even sure where to start but a kid threw a chair out the window on Tuesday and you know you need help?
You’re in the right place.
CONSULTING AND TRAINING
Once you've downloaded and completed the program assessment you can take the next steps on your own or get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll figure out where to go from there.
Here's a sampling of the services I offer to programs and directors...
Transform Challenging Behavior
1 Day Training
Helping teachers to feel inspired and capable to try new tools can happen in one day. After this training your staff will:
- feel renewed confidence and energy for tackling this challenge
- be able to use play support to teach self-regulation and cooperative play skills
- have concrete plans for the child that currently challenges you most
- have an easy-to-use methodology for transforming future behavioral concerns
In this training we dive deep into developing the mindset needed for tackling challenging behavior. Coupled with practical, powerful strategies and real world examples for transforming behavior today.
Transform Challenging Behavior
Looking for professional development for your upcoming pre-service or in-service days? After this dynamic and highly interactive 3-day training your staff will:
- feel inspired and willing to try some new things to address challenging behavior
- understand how to capitalizing on children’s propensity for play to tackle the challenge of unwanted behavior
- learn how to build on children’s interests and strengths to address their needs
- have new, theater-arts based strategies for supporting struggling children
- be able to approach families with compassion and new tools
You and your staff will be inspired, renewed and ready to be masters at dealing with “difficult” children.
Comprehensive BEHAVIOR Transformation program
For programs that have the dedication and resources. The best way I can help you.
- six-months of consultation
- three full days of trainings
- on-site modeling, observation and coaching
- regular strategy meetings
- development of an onsite challenging behavior leadership team
- pre-training assessment
- full support for strategy integration
This will give you and your staff the confidence, knowledge and skills to tackle any behavioral challenge you face with gusto.
Two hour and half-day workshops also available, contact me for more information.
BEHAVIOR TRANSFORMATION JUMPSTART
COMPLIMENTARY CALL FOR DIRECTORS
Struggling to support the teachers you supervise who are struggling with children's behavior? Maybe collaboration with the child's family has also been tough. Perhaps you think the child needs an evaluation...or perhaps the child is getting support services and its still not enough! Let's get on the phone for 15-20 minutes, discuss your challenges, make an action plan and decide how we might work together. Breathe a sigh of relief. Help is on the way.
- Riverside County Office of Education Migrant Head Start, Imperial, CA
- California State University, Dominguez Hills, Early Childhood Special Education Program, Dominguez Hills, CA
- Community Development Institute Head Start, Rockaway Beach, NY
- Bermuda Dunes Learning Center, Bermuda Dunes, CA
- Early Childhood Education Center, Associated Students, California State University, San Francisco, CA
- Associated Students Child Development Center, California State University, San Francisco, CA
- Imua Family Services, Kahului, HI
- Leading the Way Early Childhood Conference, Stephens Point, Wisconsin
- Child Learning and Care Center, University of Wisconsin, Stephen’s Point, WI
- Educating the Heart Conference, Montgomery PA
- Options for Learning Head Start, Pasadena, CA
- Inspire Development Centers Head Start, Sunnyside, WA
- Partnership for Action, Voice for Empowerment, Sunnyside, WA
- The Unity Council Head Start, Oakland, CA
What People Are Saying
As an early education professional, speaker and trainer, Barb did not just come into our Center with a set presentation ready to deliver – she took considerable time up front to talk to our staff and understand their programing and concerns, she wanted to hear real stories about our children. With this information she was able to adapt and create a presentation that was meaningful and practical to our organization and our staff. Attendees left with tools they could immediately implement into their classroom and in their parent coaching sessions. It did not end there as she provided follow up calls, feedback and allowed ample opportunity for questions and answers. We got much more than a well thought out presentation, we got meaningful coaching that helped our teachers and staff feel more confident in their approach to working with “challenging behaviors” and helping children.
IMUA FAMILY SERVICES
Barb's training, Building on Children’s Strengths and Interests: Essential in Transforming Challenging Behavior, provided a variety of content which allowed each of my teachers to self-reflect on their experiences and grow. She helped them get a new perspective on their classrooms which allowed them to self-realize that they really did not have it "that bad". I observed two teachers in particular step outside of their comfort zone and by shifting what they were doing in their classroom (without losing complete control) they were able to successfully put new ideas into practice. I also appreciate that the teachers made use of the resources Barb gave us and continue to use them into their team meetings.
DIRECTOR, EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION CENTER
SAN FRANCISCO STATE UNIVERSITY
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
After completing the 3-day Transform Challenging Behavior Training with Barb the teachers have repeatedly told me that they appreciated having the opportunity to do hands-on activities during the training. They said it was very helpful that Barb asked them to provide real scenarios about the behavioral difficulties that they are currently facing during this school year. Barb helped them think through how to work it out to apply specific strategies from the training to support these children. It wasn’t just a general training about behavior and then for us to individualize later and apply it for own needs.
Barb also led a Transform Challenging Behavior Managers Training for us and that was very productive. It was really eye opening and several managers said they had an “a-ha moment” on how important it is for them to get into the classroom regularly to support the teachers, rather than let the specialists do this and report back to them.
Barb is the only presenter who has ever followed up with us after the training to see how we are doing and how she could continue to support us in implementing the strategies from the session – that really stood out and we really appreciated it.
RIVERSIDE COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION MIGRANT HEAD START
EL CENTRO, CA
Ready to transform challenging behavior but not sure about the best way for us to work together?
Schedule a Behavior Transformation Jumpstart Call and we'll figure it out together!